In honor of the incredibly hot summer weather we’ve been having (thanks to the giant heat wave spreading across the country), today I would like to share how to make your own sunburst mirror. The sunburst design trend has been popular for awhile now (read our Trendy Tuesday post about it) and it’s a perfect project to bring some sunlight right into your home!
There are many variations of the sunburst mirror, so here are a few ideas; pick the one you like most!
1) Wood Shims Mirror: This is a simple project that looks stunning inside or outside of your home.
- 2 floral rings from a craft store
- 2 packs of wood shims from the hardware store
- A pile of glue sticks
Find out how to make this mirror at http://hisugarplum.blogspot.com/2011/06/diy-convex-sunburst-mirror.html
2) Bamboo Sticks Mirror: This is a more detailed project that adds shape and color to any room. I love the angles and overall shape of this one!
- mirror with flat frame edge
- 150 pieces bamboo branches or twigs
- glue sticks
- glue gun
- painter’s tape
- hacksaw or other saw
- sheet of paper
- spray primer
- spray paint
- hanging hardware
3) Gold Painted Mirror: Store bought mirror + strong paint = A project as easy at it can be!
See how to make this at http://hisugarplum.blogspot.com/2011/07/diy-gold-leaf-sunburst-mirror.html
Let us know which one you like best in the comments box!